Ways To Help
Help us make math a successful part of our student’s educational and competitive experience. Your generous support is very welcomed and very much appreciated. Art of Doing Math is purely volunteer-run, non-profit, and focused on our elementary, middle, and high school student competitors. We do not hold adult-oriented fundraisers.
Contest fees paid by students or their schools do not cover all of our operating costs to host monthly MathLeague contests, nor enable us to help pay out-of-pocket expenses for our local top finishers to compete in state and national championships. As is typical each year, around half of qualifying students competed at MathLeague’s state championships and less than a third of those top state finishers competed at MathLeague’s national championships.
We need your help!
Cash or in-kind donations are welcomed. Any amount of cash to pay our operating costs and help pay out-of-pocket expenses is appreciated. In-kind contributions that would be helpful include, but are not limited to printing services. Please mail donations to Art of Doing Math, PO Box 21106, Reno, NV 89515 or contact us at Support@ArtOfDoingMath.org.
Sponsors create win-win opportunities. Help us help our student math competitors, show your support, and be recognized for supporting our elementary, middle, and high school students who might someday be your customer or employee.
- Under $500. Be recognized as a sponsor. Your company or organization will be generously noted on our sponsor’s page. on all relevant printed informational materials, and any apparel. Sponsors will be acknowledged at each contest and their literature displayed for pick-up at a sponsor table.
- Over $500. Be recognized as a sponsor. Your company or organization will be generously noted on our sponsor’s page. on all relevant printed informational materials, and any apparel. Sponsors will be introduced at each contest and sponsor or representative will be given an opportunity to speak to participants and their families. Sponsors will also get a table to display and share information about their organization, products, and services.
Please download, complete, and return our Sponsor Form to Art of Doing Math, PO Box 21106, Reno, NV 89515 or contact Matthew at Support@ArtOfDoingMath.org.
We are purely volunteer-run. We need volunteers!
- Outreach Volunteers. We need help contacting area schools, teachers, coaches, parents, and students.
Too few know about competition math, know about MathLeague, or us. There is no simple way to introduce ourselves or advertise. We need volunteers to leverage their existing networks or help us build ours to share information about our math contests.
- Math Coaching Volunteers. We need help with weekly free live online math practices. These are typically one hour online sessions joined by interested students registered in upcoming contests. Our initial goal is to host separate sessions each week for elementary school Number Sense, elementary school Sprint and Target, middle school Sprint and Target, and high school Sprint and Target.
- Contest Volunteers. For each contest we need help preparing materials, setting up, proctoring, scoring, and related tasks.
- Attorney. We need help reviewing our organizational structure, forms, agreements, and so forth.
- Accountant. We need help organizing, preparing, and filing required documentation and reports.
- Media Outreach Voluneers. We need help establishing contacts with local media to share information about competition math, our organization, and recognizing our student competitors. This includes creating and getting press releases to media contacts, inviting media to our contests, etc.
- Sponsorship Volunteers. We need help finding sponsors and applying for grants.
To volunteer, please contact Matthew Weaver at Support@ArtOfDoingMath.org